1. What type of online counseling do you offer? Is it secure?
I offer online counseling through video calls using a secure video platform. I do not offer counseling through email or text messages as these are not secure forms of communication.
2. Is online counseling right for me?
Online counseling may be right for you if:
- You would like the convenience of meeting with me in the comfort of your own home or a location that works best for you.
- You're able to meet for sessions in a location that offers privacy to protect your confidentiality.
- You are comfortable talking online via video call.
- You live in Michigan, where I am licensed. State regulations require that therapists are licensed in the state where their clients (you) reside.
3. How do I make a video call? Do I need to download anything?
Video calls are made through a secure online website (Doxy.me). You will be provided a link (or see below) to access my secure online waiting room. Enter your name to be taken into the room. Once you are in the online waiting room, I will call you via video at your scheduled appointment time. You do not need to download anything. You will need access to an internet browser and an internet connection.
3. Are sessions recorded?
No, sessions are not recorded.
4. I live outside of Michigan, are we able to work together?
I am a licensed psychologist in Michigan. State regulations require that I only work with people who live in Michigan.
5. What equipment do I need to do video counseling?
There are several ways to connect during a video session: smartphone, tablet, laptop, or desktop. You can use your laptop or desktop webcam for sessions. You will simply click on a link that will take you the secure site. Enter your name to be taken to the online waiting room. ----You can also download the app on your smartphone or tablet. When you click on the link, it will open in the app.----